Submitting Samples to JLM Environmental
If you think your home or property may be contaminated with harmful elements, call us today to receive professional and reliable instructions on what you can do to keep you, your family and anyone who works on your home safe. Consultants are available to speak with on the most appropriate test methods to use for your samples, or what samples may be appropriate for a given investigation. Inappropriate test methods or samples cost more money and give results that may be difficult to interpret or defend and subsequently a waste of resources.
Sample Submittal Options/Conditions
Samples can be hand delivered to JLM Environmental at our field office located at 15200 Grevillea Avenue, Suite B, Lawndale, CA 90260. Walk-ins are welcome between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. To ensure sample integrity and analytical quality, clients are advised to follow the guidelines below when submitting samples. Please feel free to call us at (310) 978-8281 for additional information.
- Please note, samples may only be dropped off with prior authorization before or after business hours; please contact us at (310) 978-8281 or email to schedule a drop-off.
- All samples must be accompanied by proper documentation. Please download the appropriate JLM Environmental Chain of Custody form by clicking one of the links below. If you are unable to download the form, please contact our office for assistance.
JLM Environmental Chain of Custody Forms:
- All samples shall be no larger than 1"x1" or the size of a U.S. Silver Dollar coin.
- All samples must be clearly labeled and identifiable with the information provided on the Chain of Custody form. Please specify sample type, sample location, analysis requested and preference for reporting.
- Customers can choose Same Business Day (if submitted before 11 AM), Next Business Day and Two Business Days turnaround times for the analysis of their samples. Please inform our office staff when calling for drop-off authorization of the quantity of samples so we can ensure that we can meet your needs.
- Samples should be individually sealed and properly separated to avoid mixing or cross-contamination of samples.
- Samples should be adequately packaged to avoid physical damage to the contents.
- Payment is DUE at time of analysis. In order to avoid any unnecessary delays, please include check with samples at time of submittal. Please make all checks out to JLM Environmental and hand deliver to our field office located at 15200 Grevillea Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260. JLM Environmental also accepts Visa and Master Cards as form of payment; please note, a 3% credit card processing fee will be charged for credit card payments. Please include this information on the chain of custody form or you can call and process credit card information over the phone.
- Note: In the event JLM Environmental representatives are out of the office during normal business hours, or after hours and on weekends, samples or packages can be placed into sample drop box at exterior south front door (below the JLM Environmental sign). Please ensure that samples are placed in the appropriate slot labeled, "JLM Environmental After Hours Sample Drop Box"
- All samples will be analyzed within 1-2 business days depending on the turnaround time requested; if no turnaround time is selected on the Chain of Custody, JLM Environmental will proceed to analyze the sample(s) at a Two Business Day turnaround.
- Clients are encouraged to contact JLM Environmental to discuss any special issues regarding sampling or sample submission procedures.